Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 12, 2010

I Heart Faces (Fix-It Friday)

This is my first Fix-It Friday post since I have come back to blogging! Yay! *claps loudly* And of course to kick off my revamped blog, I ♥ Faces has to give us one of the hardest photos to edit! I won't say it looks awesome-tastic, but I tried my very best. Take a gander!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I really am not the best at editing super dark photos, so this was a HUGE challenge for me. Basically what I did was play with the curves a bit to try and lighten it up. When I did that, the photo got really grainy. *pouts* I tried to fix it and couldn't, so I just decided to use a textured overlay, so it would kinda look like I wanted it grainy on purpose. LOL!

I don't think it looks AH-mazing, but it's alright. Tips and critiques are welcome! I need help on how to lighten photos! PLEASE & THANKYOU!

5 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for commenting again. (: I'm excited to start doing Fix-it Friday!
    I don't know much about editing, but I really like the grainy texture to your picture. This picture was pretty hard to work with, and I think you did great job!
    -Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute edit and nice texture! I opened mine in camera RAW first and upped the exposure. Welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha good idea! Here's mine http://mothertobee.blogspot.com/2010/03/fix-it-friday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job compensating for the noise. Try editing the picture in RAW first through Adobe Bridge. You can edit the exposure there, add fill ight, and fix the noise! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually use the Levels function to sort mine out, but there's lots of tools you can use. Love the pic by the way, I think it came out great!

    ReplyDelete